- Financial retirement is when you generate enough passive income to cover living expenses.
- Through aggressive saving, you can financially retire sooner rather than later.
- This is the foundation of a movement called FIRE, which breaks down to this: the more you save, the more quickly you can retire.
Continue reading “My Story (Part 1)”
- Traditional advice is to never invest short-term savings.
- But investing a small portion of these savings may provide households with a tangible benefit.
- Over an investment lifetime, adhering to the status quo can lead to a significant drag on an investor’s overall long-term wealth.
Continue reading “Short-Term Cash: Don’t Leave Money On the Table”
- One measure of a nation’s success is its PPP GDP Per Capita.
- But there are other measures of a country’s success that may be more relevant, such as the happiness of its citizens.
- The correlation between the happiness index and taxes is strong and robust, and thus worth considering when implementing tax policy.
Continue reading “Don’t Hold Your Breath (Part 3)”
- Taxes are here to stay, but the level of taxation is sure to change over time.
- In the U.S., taxes account for about 25% of GDP, which is lower than most of the 35 OECD countries, which averages 33%.
- There are tangible benefits to higher tax rates, according to research.
Continue reading “Don’t Hold Your Breath (Part 1)”