- One measure of a nation’s success is its PPP GDP Per Capita.
- But there are other measures of a country’s success that may be more relevant, such as the happiness of its citizens.
- The correlation between the happiness index and taxes is strong and robust, and thus worth considering when implementing tax policy.
Continue reading “Don’t Hold Your Breath (Part 3)”
- Taxes are here to stay, but the level of taxation is sure to change over time.
- In the U.S., taxes account for about 25% of GDP, which is lower than most of the 35 OECD countries, which averages 33%.
- There are tangible benefits to higher tax rates, according to research.
Continue reading “Don’t Hold Your Breath (Part 1)”
- Housing, education, and healthcare costs continue to rise year after year.
- The rise in these three categories of spending have outpaced other categories for many decades.
- If this trend were to continue unabated, almost all household income will eventually end up going into these three buckets alone.
- This path is unsustainable on many levels. Yet, for now there are government programs out there that can help soften the blow. Not ideal, but better than nothing.
Continue reading “Don’t Miss Out, You’ll Regret It (Part 7)”
- There are many tax-advantaged investment options beyond IRAs.
- Similar to Traditional and Roth IRAs, there’s Traditional and Roth 401ks.
- Then there are Simple IRAs, SEP, etc.
Continue reading “Don’t Miss Out, You’ll Regret It (Part 6)”