- One measure of a nation’s success is its PPP GDP Per Capita.
- But there are other measures of a country’s success that may be more relevant, such as the happiness of its citizens.
- The correlation between the happiness index and taxes is strong and robust, and thus worth considering when implementing tax policy.
Continue reading “Don’t Hold Your Breath (Part 3)”
- Taxes are here to stay, but the level of taxation is sure to change over time.
- In the U.S., taxes account for about 25% of GDP, which is lower than most of the 35 OECD countries, which averages 33%.
- There are tangible benefits to higher tax rates, according to research.
Continue reading “Don’t Hold Your Breath (Part 1)”