- Housing, education, and healthcare costs continue to rise year after year.
- The rise in these three categories of spending have outpaced other categories for many decades.
- If this trend were to continue unabated, almost all household income will eventually end up going into these three buckets alone.
- This path is unsustainable on many levels. Yet, for now there are government programs out there that can help soften the blow. Not ideal, but better than nothing.
Continue reading “Don’t Miss Out, You’ll Regret It (Part 7)”
- There are many tax-advantaged investment options beyond IRAs.
- Similar to Traditional and Roth IRAs, there’s Traditional and Roth 401ks.
- Then there are Simple IRAs, SEP, etc.
Continue reading “Don’t Miss Out, You’ll Regret It (Part 6)”
- By holding a profitable investment for over a year before selling, an investor has the opportunity to significantly reduce the amount of taxes that he or she will have to pay.
- By holding an investment indefinitely, an investor can hold off on paying taxes indefinitely.
- By deferring the payment of taxes, capital can grow exponentially faster than otherwise.
Continue reading “Don’t Miss Out, You’ll Regret It (Part 3)”