- By holding a profitable investment for over a year before selling, an investor has the opportunity to significantly reduce the amount of taxes that he or she will have to pay.
- By holding an investment indefinitely, an investor can hold off on paying taxes indefinitely.
- By deferring the payment of taxes, capital can grow exponentially faster than otherwise.
Continue reading “Don’t Miss Out, You’ll Regret It (Part 3)”
- Solid financial plannings means taking care of any tax advantage you can.
- However, it’s important to understand that most tax breaks have deadlines, meaning: you snooze, you lose.
- The HSA could potentially be the best plan you never heard about.
- This program allows you to potentially invest with pre-tax savings, and spend without taxes as well.
Continue reading “Don’t Miss Out, You’ll Regret It (Part 2)”
- To invest wisely, you need to define a benchmark before you actually make any investment decisions.
- Even if you have a benchmark in mind, an active investment philosophy brings a whole host of issues when it comes to tracking investment performance.
- These issues ultimately obscure the true performance of active investors, which makes it very difficult to figure out if one is investing prudently or not.
- This obscurity is what likely perpetuates an active investing philosophy; however, over time, this can lead sub-optimal investment performance for the average investor.
Continue reading “The World’s Most Expensive Hobby (Part 3)”